Sunday, January 25, 2009

Home Improvement

The Kitchen Counters and Back Splashes Before....
Brian STARTING to cut into the walls
Ellie helping her Daddy! She doesn't like to stand on the cold tile or hardwoods so she balanced on Brian to keep her paws warm. She spent almost the entire day like this!!!
The new back splashes! The white in the corner is my flash reflecting!  What an awesome husband I have to just whip this out in a day!!!!
 More Back Splashes!!! By the Sink!!!


Last weekend we decided we and by we I mean Brian would put in full height back splashes and under counter lighting in our kitchen so this weekend we embarked on quite an adventure! Brian cut holes in all of our kitchen walls... cutting holes might be an under statement.... he took a knife and cut huge strips out of the walls. He then did a ton of electrical work and I mostly stood around watching and trying to be helpful. He got the lights in and then it was time to bring in the granite. Granite is to heavy for me so our friend Steven came over the help lift and place the back splashes. They put them in really quickly and Ta-Da.. a new and improved kitchen!!!

3 comments:

{Rebecca Fellows} said...

That is SO beautiful!! I LOVE the look! Lucky lady. {hear the jealous-ness in my voice? :)}

Jyl & Andy said...

love it. It looks fabulous.

Shauna said...

Wow guys, that looks awesome! I thought your kitchen looked beautiful before, but wow! Love it! I can't wait to show Ben the pictures. We love you guys!