Tuesday, May 10, 2011

RELAY FOR LIFE

Friday night we walked at my schools relay for life. This is the first year I have ever gone to walk. I always payed to join the team but never made the effort to go and walk. This year it hit a little closer to home. My mom and aunt Linda both survived cancer this year. Brian and I thought it would be a good idea to go and show our support.

Our schools theme was “Tied to a cure”. The teachers at my school tie-dyed our relay for life t-shirts. It was so much fun. I think I would have made a great hippie! I wanted to tie-dye any and every thing when I got home. I tried to convince Brian to let me tie dye the sheets in the guest room, a table cloth, anything..... He said NO! How did I miss out on this fun until now!

We went to the big all night event and walked laps, talked with friends, listened to bands, and walked some more. We had a wonderful time and are so thankful for all of the survivors who are in our lives.

No comments: