Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Secretary of Education at Bunker Hill







Yesterday I was able to sit on a panel of 6 teachers and 3 parents and talk to the Secretary of education Arne Duncan. Now this isn't the state secretary of Ed... it is the BIG GUY!!!!  It was great to voice my opinions, and we all know i have plenty of them,  on what is working and what is so not! I hope what we had to say will help Arne make some much needed changes!!!! He is on a tour of 15 states so he may be coming to your state next! 

5 comments:

{Rebecca Fellows} said...

You go, girl! Awesome opportunity! Now send him to West Valley LOL.

The Peterson's said...

What an experiance! How wonderful for you to be there!

Carrie and Jeff said...

That is a pretty big deal. How cool that you got to do that.

finau said...

WHIT!! Super cool. Plus you are one hot teacher. Typical of me to notice what a cute outfit you are wearing. Have you found a job in NC yet? (NC, right? Not SC?)

Shauna said...

Wow, how neat Whitney! What a cool thing to be a part of. Your hair has gotten so long! It's so beautiful. I am so jealous of your curls!Congrats on your new nephew!I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking of you.