Tuesday, November 30, 2010

When It Rains It Pours

Wow! What a crazy few weeks. My mom and Dad both had surgery. My mom had her thyroid removed and there were some complications and some drama but it all worked out. My dad had a major hernia fixed (the doc said it was an abdominal reconstruction). As if both parents isn't enough for us to worry about my Grandpa G.B. had open heart surgery too. Since my parents are far away and my Grandpa is much closer, in Atlanta, we opted to go help out there. He was staying at my aunt Linda's and all of my aunts and uncles in Atlanta are doing a wonderful job of caring for him. We got there the day he came home from the hospital. We were able to do tons to help out, okay it was mostly Brian that worked SO HARD but I was there for moral support and to help with some planning. Can I just say.. I am so lucky to have a man that can do ANYTHING. Brian got so much done and helped everyone out.

It was great to see my grandpa and report to my mom that he really is doing well. We had a few teary moments where we were all thankful that he was alive and sitting with us. We also had fun visiting with my aunts and cousins.

We are so grateful that everyone made it through surgery and that they are all recovering and getting better. We just wish we could have been in Glendale to help with my parents too, luckily my sisters, Hillary and Claire, are doing an amazing job of caring for them.

Me, my cute Grandpa, and his heart pillow


Brian, Ellie, and Cody... The dogs had a great time too.

5 comments:

ash+kris said...

OMG! That is alot to happen in such a short period of time! Glad to hear that everyone is doing well!

The Peterson's said...

That is a lot all at once. Glad things worked out!

Shauna said...

Wow, I am glad you were able to spend time with your cute grandpa & that all went well with your parents. We love ya!

Stan and Jamie said...

Um HELLO!!! I was just thinking about you and so I googled your name and found your old blog and then found this blog! How are you?! By the way, your wedding pictures are gorgeous!!!

Brian and Whitney said...

Jamie how are you? It has been FOREVER!!! Facebook me!