Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Fort Monroe

I love the beach!!!
I was amazed the crabs tail was leathery!!
Being Silly!!!
Brian and I were looking out at Naval Ships!

We went down to Williamsburg and thanks to DAVE (he is retired Air force, I am still learning about the ranking but he was ranked pretty high before he retired!) he got us on to fort Monroe. It has a MOAT... a real MOAT! Yes a fairy tale &castles MOAT! It was actually built to protect against an attack from the sea.  It was neat to see houses that Abraham Lincoln stayed in and the cells where they jailed the leaders of the south after the Civil War. It was also fun to listen to stories about all of the rules Dave broke when he was a kid growing up there! I really loved playing with the dead horse-shoe crabs on the beach... I was amazed they were huge! I guess all of my dads tide-pool lessons when I was little paid off!!! We also saw a shark egg... I can't wait for our next Williamsburg adventure!

No comments: